Do you remember the feeling? Your first few days in a new school ? And the teacher selects you to tell a story to all ? That feeling of being the chosen one ? The new blogger in me is going through the same feeling now!! Thanks a lot Shweta for the nomination. She has a lovely blog “Random Ramblings” and runs a six word story prompt every Saturday. Feel free to join in. Please visit her blog, it has interesting short stories 🙂
This “10 favorite things/ feelings” was started by Xandria. She came across a couple of YouTube videos called “My Favourite Feelings” and she loved it. That’s where this tag has come from. I am glad this started because, right now, its giving me good positive vibes thinking of all my favorite things :-). If you are reading this post right now, please go ahead and do this Activity. in your blog. I have very few followers and i want to tag each one of you. 🙂
Rule : you just need to list your favourite feelings
- Time with Family and Friends: As a full time Working software engineer to SAHM, I realize I love spending time with my kids in their growing up years. My mom worked two jobs to make ends meet and though I adore and respect her, I craved for her time with me. That’s when probably this thought came up , that when I have kids, by God’s grace if I am financially secure, I would want to be a full time mom. When my friends want to talk or my mom wants my time, I feel very satisfied to say “ I am all ears, I have all the time, tell me”! People say I’m a good listener and I can choose to be a counselor. I’m humbled by such feedback. I love the thought that somewhere I contributed to their peace of mind. I never get bored of listening to people even when they repeat their story twice, i prefer not to point out. Good that its once again out of their mind!
- I love to travel : Love to pack my bags and travel. Family trips rejuvenate me! Love to learn different culture, history behind the places, love to try their local food, and to shop till i drop! My dream though is to go to any international destination for a week ….Alone!😁weird ?
- Myself + coffee : Though I am a people person, I love my time alone. My balcony / room with my thoughts and a cup of strong filter coffee is bliss !! It helps to get my thoughts together, to rework on what I want to do and I love to simply stare at nothing!
- Writing my journal and now blog: My diary has been my best confidant till date. I love to write. Now with WP I think I am more addicted to this love of mine 😊. All my scattered thoughts gets consolidated and prioritized when i write! I love to handover handwritten letters to people to show my appreciation for what they do. Now with Whatsapp this is decreasing, still i try to drop a note here n there 😉
- Art : Sketching/Drawing/Painting/Crafting : Love to sketch/ draw. It feels amazing when what you have in mind comes through on paper . I love craft work. Chocolates and sweets for parties and festivals are all packed in my handmade cardboard boxes. In marriages here, we have a ritual called “Varapooje”, it is to welcome the groom to the wedding. Its become a fancy thing now, to give artistic things to the groom. For example sweets are made into various shapes and arranged beautifully, Dryfruits are also filled in cute decorated boxes etc etc. I usually have at least one entry of my hand made craft, in every family wedding 🙂
- Reading: I feel so much better after I finish each book. If you have the habit of reading, you have a companion for life. Books can never leave you alone. You are the same person you were five years ago, except for the book you read and people you associate ( I cant recollect who said this, This is told with respect to one’s thinking). I recommend reading for anyone who has not yet made this a habit.
- Spending time gardening : This is my stress buster. I have mango , tomatoes, guava , papaya , roses, hibiscus, jasmine dahlia, chrysanthemum, crossandra, greens , ladies finger, ginger radish, carrot and many more . I make compost too from garden waste:-)
- Watching Movies: I love fiction and thriller . But can watch almost any movie ! I cannot watch horror and I cannot watch movies with violence and Ghori torture scenes. Thats it! Any new movie, by a new team, (even with an average review, )but good content…. i go and watch! :-)I proudly feel its my contribution to encourage the new team 🙂
- Listening to Good Music: Can listen to anything from classical MS Subbulakshmi to rock ! Depends on my mood
- Heavenly taste of Belgian Chocolate Truffle : Just to include this i combined crafting and drawing into ART. so that i can finish at 10! My all time favourite. I used to run a franchise of a bakery chain and chocolate truffle pieces, would never go waste 😜😜
I need to tag my friends to take up this challenge. Most of you have already done it 🙂 I tag my first blogger friend Aswathy, and anyone reading this post and havent done this , to take it up. I have very few friends here and i nominate each one of you
Thank you for reading . Would love your feedback. 🙂